Senior Software Developer - GraphQL
About our Team
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans of slowing down. Early on, we made the decision to build a Partner & Developer ecosystem to help merchants meet 100% of their needs through Apps and Services. At Shopify, our App & Partner Platform (A&PP) team partners closely with this ecosystem.
As a platform, we provide powerful APIs to our merchants and partner ecosystem, and we’re always looking for new tools and technologies to make them better. To do this, we need the help of dedicated and versatile developers who can make the experience of using and building our APIs better for everyone, internally and externally.
To learn more, check out this video: Building Apps with GraphQL from our Partner & Developer Conference (Speaker: Kenneth Rose - Sr. Developer Lead at Shopify)
If you join our API Patterns Team, you’ll do things like:
- Work with GraphQL and other cutting-edge technologies.
- Develop new tools and techniques for solving problems like throttling, monitoring, and authorization.
- Collaborate with development teams across the entire company to solve practical API design and implementation problems.
- Help to shape Shopify’s fundamental approach to APIs for years to come.
- Give back to the community by open-sourcing some key components.
You’ll need to have:
- Passion for building APIs that don’t just get the job done, but are also beautiful.
- Experience building and scaling web application platforms.
- The ability to listen, understand, and communicate clearly and effectively with other developers, both inside and outside of Shopify.
- A strong commitment to quality.
- Experience with Ruby, and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with GraphQL, or the desire to learn it quickly
It would be nice if you had:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Evan.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.