Digital Analytics Specialist
New York City, United States
GTM – Marketing & Communications
We're looking for a Digital Analytics Implementation Specialist to evaluate, implement and maintain the tools used to manage and measure marketing initiatives and help different teams understand user behaviour.
Shopify has redefined commerce. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 800,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to impact the market.
As a Digital Analytics Implementation Specialist you'll create a strong data governance framework, working in conjunction with stakeholders and developers to define which data needs to be collected, ensure that tracking codes are properly placed and functioning in web sites and mobile apps, and analytics tools are configured to easily report on the main metrics. You'll continuously improve our analytics implementation and ensure data is accurate and consistent and there is sufficient monitoring in place to spot any issues.
You'll support Google Analytics across different teams, teaching people how to use it and being the point of contact for various questions. You'll also evaluate and implement other third-party tools to address specific needs.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in Shopify's marketing team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and experiences but share an established track record of driving significant business growth.
You'll get to do things like:
- Work with a lot of different teams internally including Marketing, Data Science and Engineering
- Work with cutting edge technology and marketing strategies
- Research and evaluate vendors to fit identified requirements
- Take initiative and have ownership of your own ideas and projects
- Directly see the results of your efforts reflected in the teams you’re working with
You'll need to have experience:
- Implementing and configuring Google Analytics at scale
- Translating high-level business requirements into analytics solutions
- Using SQL to query and cross reference databases Enterprise tag management
It'd be great if you also had experience with:
- Integrating data from various sources/APIsSegment, MixPanel, and CDPs
- Latest trends and best practices in marketing technology
- Project management with external vendors
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Casandra is an actual real live person (👋) and is looking forward to learning more about you through your application.