Lead Product Manager, Plus
R&D – Product Management
Shopify is on a mission to make commerce better for everyone
Over the next 10 years, the retail world will change at a fundamental level. Every store will need an e-commerce website. Customers will expect flexible options of where and how to buy: in-store or online, delivered or for pick-up. It’s an incredibly exciting time for this industry, and Shopify is right at the center of it.
The opportunity to shape how commerce works all over the world is in our hands. We have a huge playground to work with, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. But right now we’re only part of the way there. To continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
The product opportunity
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are as complex as the stakes are high. Ecobee, Fashion Nova, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, MVMT and Leesa are merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
Shopify Plus is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Foundations team at Shopify Plus in Waterloo. At Plus, we’re building strategy and brand new products, from the ground up, that challenge the assumptions in traditional enterprise software.
To support this, the Foundations team is focused on building a merchant experience platform to enable our largest and most complex merchants. We build the tools, surface area, and interactions that allow organizations to scale both in volume and complexity. For example, we’re building strategies and products for navigation, administration, analytics, reporting, customization and more. The questions we’re answering are big, ambiguous, and complicated. But the potential for impact is enormous.
This role is for someone passionate about our mission, as well as creating and driving world class product teams. If you’re the right person for this role, you’ll have a hand in (and be energized by!) defining a strategy in this complex and ambiguous space, and will deliver products that have a tangible impact on the future of commerce.
What will I be doing?
- Understanding the unique problems and constraints of Shopify Plus merchants, and defining a vision for products to make them even more successful
- Crafting strategy, and building brand new, foundational products for our large, enterprise merchants
- Working closely with cross functional teams to iterate on and build out your vision
- Thinking strategically with the product team to help create the roadmap for 2019 and 2020
- Mentoring and coaching other team members and product managers in product thinking and methodologies
What experience do I need?
- Comfort on a high-performing team, with a lot of ambiguity
- Previous experience building any of: analytics products, platforms, or modern enterprise software
- Ownership of a product from problem space to launch
- A platform mindset. Comfort with building APIs, and establishing patterns in design and product that are used by many teams
- Previous experience managing or mentoring product managers a plus
Benefits & Perks
Shopify cares a lot about growing great people. The benefits and perks of working at Shopify include:
• Competitive salary and equity in a fast growing publicly traded company
• Generous and flexible perks program that puts you in control of annual budgets for healthcare, lifestyle, charitable giving and retirement savings
• Catered meals every day at the office
• Flexible vacation policy so you can take time off to recharge when you need it
• Comprehensive health, dental plans for you and your dependents
• Flexible work hours
• World class offices designed to help you do your best work
• Learning budgets, mentorship opportunities, one-on-one coaching and skill development workshops