Country Product Manager, China
The Shopify International team is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced product manager to join our team in China. As the first Product Manager on a small team, this is a unique and exciting opportunity to define our product roadmap and build out the foundation of how we grow in China.
Shopify is a fast-moving and entrepreneurial place to work where you'll be collaborating with talented, global team members. We've redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes around the world sell their products and services online and off. We continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
The mission for Shopify International is to make commerce better for everyone, everywhere. China is the largest e-commerce market in the world - which presents an exciting and challenging opportunity for Shopify, and for you!
Requirements for the role:
- Experience with ecommerce in China; either as an entrepreneur or building products to help merchants sell anywhere.
- You have a few years of experience managing products. You have worked hands-on to create and lead tech products. You have recognized market opportunities and customer needs - and turned them into products that have delighted real users.
- You’ve managed a cross-functional team in building a complex product line, and delivered projects that have substantial impact to the business and users.
- You’re genuinely excited about solving customer problems.
- An ability to empathize with the user and use data to inform product decisions.
- Have great communication skills in both English and Mandarin.
- You are self-driven and thrive in ambiguous environments.
- You work quickly to launch projects, learn, and iterate.
Projects you could work on:
- Understanding requirements of local merchants, and assessing the need gaps of the current Shopify platform, for the market.
- You will own Shopify’s product roadmap for China, to ensure that we’re putting the right pieces in place to have an incredible experience for local and regional merchants.
- Articulating the product roadmap and making sure local interests are included in development / product planning.
- You will lead the initiation, development, and product execution of essential product partnerships for China, ranging from new sales channel partnerships to adding local payment and shipping methods.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Jenn is looking forward to reading your application.