Marketing Experimentation & Analysis Manager
New York City, United States
GTM – Marketing & Communications
Shopify has redefined commerce. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 800,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to impact the market.
As a Marketing Experimentation and Analysis Manager, you’ll use your combination of marketing expertise and analytical skills to push forward optimizations that drive bottom line impact. You’ll work with the Marketing Strategy and Operations and Data Science and Engineering teams to identify new opportunities and drive growth through your expertise in experimental design.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in Shopify's marketing team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and experiences but share an established track record of driving significant business growth.
The Marketing Experimentation and Analysis Manager will be responsible for supporting other marketing teams with experimentation, finding and evaluating data from various sources, developing reports, and generating and presenting actionable insights. Your success will hinge on blending a high proficiency in accessing and manipulating data with strong ability to turn data into strategic insights and recommendations.
You'll get to do things like:
- Champion experiments from end to end including design, execution, and analysis
- Collaborate with many different teams across the organize to help them experiment and optimize
- Work closely with the Marketing Data Science team on priorities and projects for the marketing team
- Use your analytical skills to find new opportunities the company should be exploring
- Influence the roadmap of other teams and help craft the future direction of the company
You'll need to have:
- Experience with analytics and testing tools such as Google Analytics, Optimizely, Tableau, Amplitude, Excel
- Experience with experiment design (a/b, full and partial factorial) and basic statistics. You know what the difference between a hypothesis, an assignment, a variation, and the minimum detectable effect is
- Experience working in marketing. You may not be an authority in every channel or discipline, but you understand the big picture and how each piece of marketing fits together
- Experience working with different partners across multiple disciplines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to translate complex data concepts to business partners with a wide range of data understanding
It'd be great if you also had:
- Experience working in SaaS or other technology companies. It’s useful to understand our industry and business model
- Some understanding of SQL. You may not be able to write complex queries from scratch, but you have a high-level understanding of databases and how to query them
- Strong project management and prioritization skills with an approach that defaults to action. You can drive good decisions quickly and help other teams do the same
- Experience working with customer relationship management teams
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Casandra is an actual real live person (👋) and is looking forward to learning more about you through your application.