UX Lead, Shopify Home
As the UX lead for Shopify Home, you’ll drive the user experience for our most visible artificial intelligence (AI) product. You’ll lead a team of designers, content strategists, and researchers to help hundreds of thousands of people grow successful businesses. You’ll work closely with our data science teams to deliver an industry-leading recommendation system on one of the largest commerce platforms in the world.
What you'll be working on:
- You’ll lead the redesign of our most prominent AI product by working with your team and your peers in product management, engineering, and data science. Together you’ll establish the vision for this product, get buy-in from stakeholders, and iteratively launch new features that help merchants make better decisions.
- You’ll grow and mentor your team of direct reports including product designers, content strategists, and UX researchers. You’ll help them work towards their career goals and build the next generation of UX leadership at Shopify.
- You’ll plan and recruit for the long term to build a fully-functioning multidisciplinary UX team.
- You’ll work with your peer UX leads and senior UX leadership to contribute to the growth of the UX organization’s team and processes.
You're the ideal person for this role if you have examples of how you've:
- Led the UX or product design direction of a feature or product with multiple user jobs. Led a project that incorporated AI, machine learning, recommendation systems, or data visualization.
- Worked collaboratively with peers outside of UX (like product managers, engineers, or data scientists) to prioritize the needs of your users.
- Managed relationships with lots of different stakeholders to balance business and user needs.
- Helped a product team achieve a healthy balance of exploring a problem thoroughly while still shipping value early and often.
- Thrived in an environment of rapid growth and change.
- Been responsible for the performance management and career growth of one or more folks on a product design team. It’d be great if you’ve led folks from multiple disciplines like content or research.
- Established, documented, and/or evolved a UX design system that facilitates multiple communication needs.
This is a permanent, full-time role onsite in our Ottawa, Canada headquarters. Relocation is an option from anywhere in the world.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application – thanks for your interest!