Senior Software Developer (Remote, Europe)
Berlin, Germany /
R&D – Engineering /
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. While Berlin is our hub, this role is open to candidates in European time zones. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, and brick-and-mortar locations. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. Shopify was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Shopify powers over 1,000,000 businesses in over 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Red Bull, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe.
- Collaborating with other designers and developers
- Creating beautiful and fast code that improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Using test-driven development to write well-tested code
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Contributing back to the open source community
- Experience using technologies and frameworks like (but not limited to) Ruby on Rails, Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python, React, React Native
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Natalia is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, racialized people, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Join the Shopify Talent Community for external candidates to learn more about Shopify by clicking here.