Waterloo - Office
R&D – UX - Research
Shopify is on a mission to make the complexities of commerce simple for merchants around the globe. At Shopify Plus, we work with some of the fastest growing, most ambitious brands in the world. We power organizations like Allbirds, FashionNova, Purple Mattress, Gymshark, Rebecca Minkoff, P&G, Kanye West, and Kylie Cosmetics to realize their ambitions. We believe that our customers should love their commerce platform—and that our platform will help them reinvent their industries. We’re in hyper-growth. You’ll be joining Shopify Plus at a pivotal moment in our 100-year journey to make commerce better for everyone.
We’re looking for a Research Director to own Shopify Plus research across the entire company. Through user research, market research, and service research, you will influence product, business, marketing, and service strategy. You will shape the craft of a multidisciplinary research team, grow the team, and raise the bar for what it means to be a customer-centric organization. You will have the autonomy and space to drive the focus of the research team, and create an environment for excellence.
You’ll get to work on:
- Leading and inspiring a multidisciplinary team of researchers, attracting world-class talent, providing direction and advocacy
- Helping define the course of our customers’ journey. From the first touch point to the daily use of the platform, apps and the rest of the Shopify Plus ecosystem
- Collaborating with research and data leadership across Shopify and with external vendors to create synergy and cohesiveness across our insights projects
- Informing and driving the future of Shopify Plus and related teams across Shopify through research insights
- Operationalizing customer empathy, sharing customer insights, facilitating workshops and direct interaction with the front line, and helping link culture to customer outcomes
- Managing priorities, developing effective processes, setting the highest standards
- Building strong relationships, communicating effectively, and partnering with leaders across all levels
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’ve built and led multidisciplinary, high impact research teams, including UX researchers, market researchers, and service researchers
- You have a breadth of experience partnering with external vendors to get world-class results and you have a strong network
- You’re a leader first, and a research leader second
- You are a forerunner in the research community, building thought leadership inside your organization and beyond
- You have a strong track record of creating mutually beneficial impact for customers and business goals
- You get the big picture and at the same time have a devotion to craft quality and are an expert in qualitative and quantitative research methods and tools
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that persuade and inspire others, and change culture
Want to help us shape the future of commerce? Send us your resume - Tess Saville is looking forward to reading your application.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.