Director of UX, Tools and Workflows - Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus is making complex commerce simple for the fastest growing, most innovative brands in the world. We help companies like Allbirds, FashionNova, Purple Mattress, GymShark, Rebecca Minkoff, P&G, Kanye West, and Kylie Cosmetics power their commerce dreams. We believe customers should love their commerce platform, and we’re in hyper-growth, so this is where you come in.
You will be joining Plus at an absolutely pivotal moment in our 100-year journey to make commerce better for everyone. As a Director of UX at Shopify Plus you will define and own the UX vision and execution for a suite of tools & experiences our customers need to run and grow their business. You will build and lead a team solving the most complex and interesting challenges in commerce and shopping today. Your empathy and advocacy for our customers, and leadership of your team will help drive our roadmap, and make our customers lives easier and more impactful.
You'll work on:
- Creating a deep understanding of merchant needs through qualitative and quantitative insights, and strategically building to those needs.
- Help define the course of our merchant’s journey, from product awareness through daily use of the platform, apps and the rest of the Shopify Plus ecosystem.
- Growing and championing a high-functioning UX team, that is efficient and ships with the highest standards.
- Help shape how the broader product teams (UX, engineering and product management) collaborate to produce a world-class offering.
- Collaborate with UX leadership across Shopify.
Requirements for the role:
- You’ve owned and supported the entire product life-cycle UX of successful tech or commerce products
- You’ve build and led large (25+ people) multidisciplinary teams, including research, product design, UX development, content strategy and leadership.
- You lead from the front, with a vision for the long-term, and the strategy required to lead teams and deliver now.
- Your teams consistently ship high impact work, which is beautifully designed with great attention to detail, and solves complex customer needs.
- You have experience using data to successfully inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes
- You bring a product management mindset to design; with the ability to easily balance product with your craft.
- You are a leader in the UX community building thought leadership both inside your organization and beyond.
- You have excellent communication skills.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us your resume and some of the things that you are most proud of. Whatever represents what you do best.