Customer Success Lead, Western Canada
Remote, Western Canada
We’re looking for an accomplished leader to lead the Merchant Success teams for Shopify Plus in Western Canada & APAC (Australia & NZ), with 4-5 direct reports initially, with a broader team of 30. This role will report to the Shopify Plus Director of Merchant Success.
About the role:
- As a Merchant Success Regional Lead you will ensure strong and consistent execution by direct teams in delivering exceptional experiences for our merchants.
- Nurture personal and professional growth for your direct leads and their teams of individual contributors.
- Analyze data pertaining to performance of your teams and adjust your strategic direction by leveraging key insights. Be a strong advocate for demanding but compassionate performance management.
- Participate in the innovation and evolution of the Shopify Plus merchant experience.
- Work alongside the Eastern Regional Lead, Plus Sales, Product, Partners, Shopify Support, Business Ops, Enablement, Talent Acquisition, HR and more.
Requirements for the role:
- A great leader and manager. You help instill confidence and skill in your leads. People really want to work for you and with you, and you have done this with people both in office and remote, and across time zones. You’re able to be an effective teacher and mentor to recently promoted leads, and have the capability of developing them to operate at the next level.
- A background in customer facing roles. We’ll want to hear about your experiences managing difficult customer success situations and about your impact enabling customer’s success overall.
- Proven experience in navigating complexity. You will have worked successfully in an environment of constant change, few rules and structures, and with rapidly rising expectations. You understand how to prioritize the ‘big rocks’ and are able to help your leads to do the same.
- Creativity and execution. You come up with unique ways to solve problems, you’re able to connect the dots and nail down root causes for problems. You don’t easily take no for an answer and are effective in translating strategic directions into action.
- A champion for your teams. Being close to the action, you’ll need to know your teams and your people well, and have their trust so that issues and concerns are voiced readily allowing you to escalate those and take appropriate action. You’re willing and able to get your hands dirty along side your teams.
- Entrepreneurial experience. You’ve launched a business or some form of undertaking that demonstrates you have the vision and drive of a successful entrepreneur. Not necessary a Shopify store.
If you’re interested in the role click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Location: B.C. Remote OR elsewhere in Canada willing to work PST hours