Business Development - Oberlo Marketplace Supplier
The Oberlo team is one of the newest groups within Shopify. With the overall goal of removing the barriers to starting and growing an ecommerce business, we focus on helping entrepreneurs find products to sell on their Shopify store. We are building the Oberlo BtoB marketplace to connect Shopify merchants looking for products and suppliers willing to diversify their products distribution.
Your role as an Account Manager for the Oberlo Marketplace is to help build the best product catalog for the marketplace and the best experience possible for our suppliers. You will be responsible for a portfolio of suppliers, from signing them up to helping them grow on the marketplace. In this role, you will be operating in a fast-moving and often ambiguous environment.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience in Customer Success, Account Management or relevant industry experience.
- E-commerce, distributor, manufacturer, and/or retail experience are preferred.
- A passion for Commerce and online business. Maybe you’ve built a store for a friend, or run your own business.
- A deep understanding of the Shopify platform and ecosystem.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders. Relationship management is your secret weapon.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple manner.
- Resourcefulness and perseverance.
- Demonstrated track record of success in a sales role would be advantageous.
- Identify, prospect, and recruit suppliers to Oberlo by calling, emailing or attending trade fairs and explaining the benefits of a relationship with Oberlo.
- Create strong relationships with our suppliers.
- Point out areas for improvement, including opportunities for additional platform features and improvement of business processes.
- Work with internal Oberlo teams to advocate for suppliers’ needs and requests.
- Elevate the overall supplier experience.
- Identify and help on executing partnerships to scale suppliers acquisition.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. Please make your application out to Jonathan, he's a real live person!