Senior Sales Compensation Analyst
Shopify is making commerce better for everyone. We currently power over 800,000 merchants in more than 150 different countries. Shopify Plus is the segment within Shopify that provides high-volume, high-growth merchants with an enterprise commerce solution.
The Business Operations (“BizOps”) team sits in the centre of Shopify Plus, linking all the different functional groups both strategically and operationally. We work with teams such as Sales, Marketing, Merchant Success, Finance, Legal, Data and Talent.
As a member of the BizOps team, you will work with senior leaders in Plus to assist in managing an inspiring sales incentive (commissions) experience with precision and excellence. This role requires a combination of leadership engagement, stakeholder management and deep technical expertise.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Calculating sales incentives and monthly accruals, ensuring accurate and timely measurement
- Partnering with Sales leadership, Finance and Talent to design and execute SPIFFs for campaigns and contests
- Assisting in creating documentation for incentive plans, quotas and SPIFFs
- Acting as the first line of escalation for incentives disputes to enforce policy and recommend decisions where further escalation is required; Identify exceptions, recommend solutions, obtain approvals, communicate and document resolutions and execute accordingly
- Evaluating and recommending improvements for existing sales incentive processes and policies
- Maintaining strong relationships with internal customers (Sales) and internal partners (especially Talent, Finance, Payroll, BizOps and Data), establishing high-trust with individual contributors and leadership
- Constantly be discovering and developing best practices; finding ways to embed those best practices into regular operations
Requirements for the role:
- Experience in B2B sales compensation management, or similar discipline
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Natural collaborator, able to learn from and influence others
- Ability to uphold the integrity and consistency of our policies, while identifying exceptions and how to best handle them
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, and relational data analysis
- Experience with Xactly or similar incentive management systems a strong asset
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Melissa is looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!
This role is based in our Waterloo office. This posting will close on January 24th at 4pm EST and all candidates will hear back shortly thereafter.