Senior Sales Incentive Analyst
Shopify is an e-commerce platform with the mission to make commerce better for everyone. It currently powers over 600,000 merchants in more than 150 different countries. Shopify Plus is a segment within Shopify, working with some of the world’s largest and coolest brands like GE, KITH NYC, Budweiser, and Kylie Cosmetics. Shopify Plus provides high-volume, high-growth merchants an enterprise e-commerce solution without the traditional headaches.
The Business Operations (“BizOps”) team sits in the centre of our organization, linking together all the different functional groups both strategically and operationally. We work with teams such as Finance, Legal, Sales, Marketing, Merchant Success and Talent.
You will work with senior leaders across the company to manage an inspiring sales incentive experience with precision and excellence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- INCENTIVE CALCULATIONS & COMMUNICATION:Ensure sales incentives are calculated and paid accurately and on time, every time. Conduct incentive calculations, obtain sign-off from Finance and deliver to Payroll. Calculate monthly accruals. Communicate incentive results to Sales, allowing opportunity for validation and adjustment where required.
- PLAN & QUOTA MANAGEMENT: Work with Talent to help design incentive structures and translate them into plan documents and calculations. Work with BizOps and Data to ensure process are in place to accurately track incentive metrics. Work with Finance and Sales Leadership to translate company targets into sales quotas by team and individual. Create and distribute sales incentive plan documents and quota documents. Track and manage document signatures.
- SALES LEADERSHIP SUPPORT: Support Sales Leadership by communicating changes in advance, responding to questions and managing disputes. Act as the first line of escalation for commissions disputes to enforce policy and recommend decisions where further escalation is required. Identify exceptions, recommend solutions, obtain approvals, communicate resolutions and execute accordingly.
- CAMPAIGN & CONTEST MANAGEMENT: Work with Sales Leadership, Finance and Talent to help structure sales campaigns and contests. Ensure processes are in place to track results. Communicate campaign details and guidelines. Calculate and report on results.
- PROCESS & POLICY IMPROVEMENT: Evaluate existing sales incentive processes and policies. Recommend improvements. Obtain approvals, execute and communicate.
- STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: Maintain strong relationships with internal customers (Sales) and internal partners (especially Talent, Finance, Payroll, BizOps and Data), establishing high-trust with individual contributors and leadership.
- BEST PRACTICE DEVELOPMENT: Constantly be discovering and developing best practices. Find ways to embed those best practices into regular operations.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience in B2B sales compensation management, or similar discipline
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Natural collaborator, able to learn from and influence others
- Ability to uphold the integrity and consistency of our policies, while identifying exceptions and how to best handle them
- High proficiency with spreadsheets and relational data analysis
- Experience with Xactly or similar incentive management systems a strong asset
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Melissa is looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!
This role is based in our Waterloo office. This posting will close on January 24th at 4pm EST and all candidates will hear back shortly thereafter.