Launch Engineer - Shopify Plus (British Columbia)
British Columbia, Canada - Remote
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like, RedBull, GE, Beastmode, Nine West, Kanye West, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
In your role as a Launch Engineer, you’ll be working with our Shopify Plus merchants on all their big picture technology and systems strategy. You’ll be consulting with merchants on their e-commerce technology stack, as well as providing guidance on how to best leverage the Shopify platform and ecosystem to support their business processes and initiatives. You’ll be directly connected with new Shopify Plus merchants as they come onto our platform. You’ll work with these merchants to ensure that they have a solid plan and timeline for their site launch. Once a shop is comfortably launched, you'll transition them to working directly with their Merchant Success Manager who will continue to nurture their business from a business growth and strategy perspective. As a subject matter expert on the Shopify Plus platform, you’ll also help to educate and share e-commerce best practices with our merchants. You’ll be working closely with our Merchant Success team to consult and provide solutioning support to our Shopify Plus merchants on an ongoing basis.
This is a remote position in British Columbia. The posting will be available until September 19 at 12pm PST, and all candidates will hear back shortly thereafter.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience with Liquid. You won't need to make a theme but you should know how to make small changes and what's possible with our themes
- Strong API knowledge. You won’t need to write code or build an app, but you must be able understand API documentation, use a REST client and know how to conceptualize an API solution
- An understanding of commerce best practices, including how to migrate data from other platforms into Shopify
- Experience working in an application ecosystem and integrating 3rd party technologies into the Shopify platform
- A good project management mindset. This is not a true project management role, but does share some skills with it, especially managing expectations and creating agreement
- A deep understanding of technical strategy as it relates to operating and growing a commerce business
- A curious mind for how things work and what makes them tick, an affinity for helping and teaching merchants, and a constant thirst to learn about the next best thing
It'd be great if you also have experience with:
- Project management - in some cases you'll be reviewing formal project outlines from merchants to confirm requirements for a successful site launch
- Data systems and best practices with interfacing with them
- Running your own business. You know what it means to be an entrepreneur and can share your learnings with our merchants
- Building Shopify stores, either for yourself or clients
Projects you could work on:
- Educating merchants on proper store setup (domains, redirects, product taxonomy, building collections, etc)
- Working with merchants' internal and 3rd party design and development teams
- Consulting with merchants on interesting and complex business system integrations
- Helping our merchants to convert their store ideas into real and actionable plans
- Providing documentation & support during the store development phase
- Liaising with internal Shopify teams, such as the Shopify Plus sales team, the Merchant Success team, Solutions Engineering, and our internal support team
- Progressing the site status so stores launch as efficiently as possible
- Providing technical support for our Merchant Success team, and in some cases join the call between the MSM and their merchant
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Melissa is looking forward to reading your application.