Retail On-boarding Lead
GTM – Account Management
Shopify Retail is an emerging division within Shopify, building the software and hardware that powers retail shops and in-person sellers. Our innovative products are changing the way in-person commerce is done, and our team is writing a new chapter in Shopify’s growth story.
In this newly created role, we’re looking for an exceptional leader that can build a new global business within Shopify. You will be a key player on the Shopify Retail team with full ownership of our on-boarding goals, merchant experience and team.
Our growing on-boarding team works with established and emerging retail brands as they begin working with Shopify Retail. This includes partnering with store owners, managers and staff — in-person, remotely and with training resources — to implement Shopify Point of Sale (POS) in their stores and ensure they are set up for ongoing success. We’re merchant obsessed and driven in our goal to see entrepreneurs and brands succeed.
- Ensuring a fast, easy, and exceptional on-boarding experience for our new merchants using Shopify POS; meeting monthly on-boarding goals
- Building and leading a high-performance team of Trainers and Coordinators that onboard merchants and set them up for success with Shopify POS
- Defining, implementing and continually iterating our on-boarding tactics
- Creating and implementing processes and tools that reflect best practices
- Collaborating with other Shopify teams (sales, support, marketing) to design and implement a complete customer life-cycle journey
- Working with supporting teams (data, business operations, recruiting, etc) to build infrastructure for a growing team and customer base
- Providing input to product priorities and marketing campaigns
Requirements for the role:
- High energy, high integrity leader; able to motivate, inspire and drive results
- Experience building and leading high-performance operations, sales, support or on-boarding teams in a fast growing business
- Track record of excellence and achievement
- Strong analytical thinking; using data to solve problems and drive decision making
- Passion for retail, commerce and merchant success
- Desire to get your hands dirty and have an impact
This posting will be available until Thursday April 18th at 4pm EDT.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Melissa is looking forward to reading your application.
Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!