Lead Data Scientist - International
Data Science & Engineering
At Shopify, we empower 600,000+ entrepreneurs all over the world. We're looking for hard-working, passionate people to help us make commerce better for everyone. For over 10 years we have been super driven when it comes to using data insights to help inform our product direction and make things better for our merchants.
We are in the lookout for a Data Science Lead for our Internal Growth team 🌎🚀.The international team's mission is to Make Commerce Better for Everyone... Everywhere! We are a cross-functional group, focused on helping Shopify understand and serve merchants around the world. As Shopify continues to expand globally and the scope of our market increases, we are are looking for a Data Science Lead to own the data strategy and integration around every single global market we tackle!
You’ll Need To Have:
- Technical leadership and/or people leadership experience
- Strong background in machine learning including experience implementing models at scale
- Extensive experience using Python (including scikit-learn) or similar languages
- Extensive experience analyzing data using SQL
It'd be great if you have:
- Previous experience using Spark
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs or experiment design and analysis
- Exposure to Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, or similar data visualization tools
If you’re interested in helping Shopify shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Ella.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.