Product Manager, Balance - Financial Solutions
R&D – Product Management
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 800,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to drive the strategy and execution of some of our financial products. As our merchants grow, so does the complexity of their financial needs. Your main mission within Balance will be to provide them with simple, timely and cost-effective solutions that allow them to focus their energy on running their business.
You will get to do things like :
- Define and drive the product vision and strategy
- Collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, and customers to build products that are used by hundreds of thousands of merchants and millions of buyers
-Define clear success metrics and support the team to achieve them
- Work with other Product Managers to ensure there is a cohesion between the deliverables
You’ll need to have :
- Previous hands-on experience leading the end-to-end creation and development of products
- Ability to recognize market opportunities and customer needs - and turned them into products that will delight real users
- Ability to deal with numbers, analytics, financial dashboards
- A genuine excitement for solving customer problems
- A strong sense of empathy with the user and use data to inform product decisions
- An approach that defaults to action and helps your team do the same
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with different partners across multiple disciplines
It would be great if you had :
- Accounting or finance background or exposure
- Previous UX experience
- Working with partners from both a product and business perspective
- With any of the following fields: payments, lending, fraud detection, or other financial services
- Working in regulated industries
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Laura is looking forward to reading your application.