Partnerships Manager - Financial Solutions
The Shopify Commercial function is focused on various aspects of business management across the Shopify Financial Solution team. Internally, we are a combination of several operating teams. The BD and Partnerships team is a stakeholder, influencer, and collaborator to the growth and expansion of the Financial solutions platform. Externally, we focus on strategic partnerships around the world in the fintech space. Our objective is to ensure we are building and scaling the best money experience for merchants on Shopify.
We’re looking for someone to manage and build upon our existing top tier partnerships.
You’ll hit the ground running on high impact partnerships with exposure to various teams across Shopify. You will be asked to wear many hats; You will need to quickly learn our business and ecosystems as well as our partners; your relationship management (both internally and externally) and decision making skills will be put to task; you’ll need to handle vague and nuanced situations; you should be ready for strategic partner conversations with the ability to effectively communicate change; and you must be focused. You will be our front line to these important partners and need to be able to quickly build trust.
You'll need to have:
- Relevant experience managing high profile relationships in commerce, payments, fintech, and/or banking
- History working with cross functional teams from engineering to legal
- Deep experience / exposure to the payments industry inclusive of pricing, network schemes, technologies, leading global players, emerging trends, and regulatory nuance
- A broad understanding of the fintech space and how Shopify can leverage the best in class solutions to grow its financial solutions offering
- Agility and adaptability in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Extreme resourcefulness
- A passion for retail, technology, and commerce
- A learners mindset and the ability to pick up new information quickly
You’ll need to have:
- Experience supporting the end-to-end implementation of payment systems
- Working with cross-functional software development teams to ship products
- Experience using data to inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes
- Empathy for our merchants, from veteran businesses to first-time entrepreneurs, and a genuine excitement for solving their problems
- Excellent communication skills
You'll be working on things like:
- Becoming the go-to relationship manager on a variety of high impact partnerships
- Seeking and developing new growth opportunities within existing partnerships
- Executing on relationship deliverables such as new product updates and co-marketing
- Coordinating partner updates internally with a cross functional team
- Staying up to speed on your partners business model and strategy
Click Apply and fill in your information below. Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.