Entrepreneur Experience Specialist (Merchant XP Specialist)
Our merchants success fuels the success of Shopify LA. In order to support, evaluate and grow that success, we’re looking for someone who can work closely with all stakeholders in Shopify LA to curate our merchant experience, from the moment they walk through the door.
As a Merchant Experience Specialist, you will be working closely with LA Gurus, Squad Leads, and our Store Manager as well as the Retail Experience team to design content, workshops and spearhead experimental initiatives to support merchant growth. You will also ensure that the store environment is maintained to corporate design standards. You will have opportunities to host round tables with merchants, while collecting and compiling their success stories.
- Host round table discussions with merchants.
- Create new workshop and event content aligned with Shopify’s aesthetic and messaging goals, in collaboration with the LA team.
- Work with Store Manager to create selling contests, staff motivators, etc.
- Partner with Squad Leads to ensure that the gurus have the most up-to-date knowledge and feedback forms to share with merchants.
- Partner with Store Manager and Retail Experience Lead to manage the calendar of events, with an understanding of analytics and how to program content for the most engagement.
- Focus on visually merchandising the space and making data driven decisions.
- Evaluate and improve sales floor organization; what's working and what isn’t?
- Create KPI’s to measure the customer experience and impact of learning programs at Shopify LA
- Log merchant success stories from Gurus and share with the appropriate channels.
- Record and organize data from feedback and show rates for workshops.
- Ensure that data is being collected and organized during daytime workshops and evening events.
- Create and foster a culture of feedback in order to continually develop self and the team.
- Design and facilitate “train the trainers” for gurus, focusing on adult learning principles, facilitation techniques, and effective communication behaviours.
- Manage hardware inventory and weekly cycle counts; counts to be updated on the hardware store inventory weekly.
Note: Each week for this role will look a little bit different and time-management will be a key to success.
Requirements for the role:
- You are committed to creating educational content.
- You are an experienced communicator with excellent organizational skills.
- You have a passion for recording and organizing data, to support the proper initiative for our merchants.
- You use your resources when needed, asking questions and finding out information like a pro.
- You are not afraid to speak up and challenge ideas.
- You are confident in your abilities, trust your judgement, and others look up to you for it.
- You are invested in building a highly functional and connected Shopify LA.
Note: We will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to add the response to the questions below in your application.