Country Manager - France
France - Remote
Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. As of today Shopify has over 500,000 merchants across 175+ countries using our software to set up and run their businesses across multiple sales channels including: web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. To top it off, this past Black Friday/Cyber Monday, our merchants collectively generated over 1 billion dollars in sales in a 4 day period, you can read more about it here.
Currently the majority of our stores are hosted in North America and our product has been built to fulfill the needs of this market, but as we expand to new international markets we need to understand the unique requirements of these areas.
All of Shopify is working towards the same mission of making commerce better for everyone and empowering entrepreneurship, everywhere. Shopify is searching for a Country Manager to lead our growth into France, helping bring the best possible experience for merchants in France.
Why is this exciting?
- As the lead of this exciting team you will help Shopify engineer a dynamic experience for France - the content displayed in search results, the human conversations delivered through support, and the interface within the product, will all be tailored to attract the people of France
- There are only a few times in our lives when we will truly have the opportunity to make a huge impact and fully use our skills to contribute at a global scale. This is what we do every day at Shopify. Our team is made up of all sorts of people who go above and beyond every single day. We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to bring your whole self to work, and the chance to work with some of the best in the business.
We need strong leadership to help us scale
- As Country Manager, you will report to Shopify’s Director of International Markets
- Your job will be to make Shopify the leading commerce platform in France for entrepreneurs and SMB’s
- You will grow and lead a team of high performing individuals across a variety of functions including: growth, partnerships, product, engineering and support
- You will grow the Shopify brand locally by organizing events, meetups and other creative initiatives.
Who are you?
- You have hired and managed high performing, cross functional individual performers across multiple domains of expertise including: marketing, growth, RnD and support.
- Have led a multi disciplinary team of up to 15 people
- Been accountable for a P&L: responsible for headcount, budgeting, setting and meeting financial targets
- Have experience working in a software company (experience in SaaS is a plus)
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig deep into complex problems
- You’re a strong communicator in both languages (english and french) with experience working for a global company (possibly even remote to HQ) and are comfortable communicating with executive leadership on the status of your country's progress
- You believe in leading by influence, not authority
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider sending us your resume and address your cover letter to Sanja!