Senior Product Lead, Launch
Shopify has redefined commerce. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 600,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to impact the market.
As the Senior Product Lead for the Core Launch team, you will be responsible for the experience, success and growth of new merchants on Shopify. We care deeply about creating more entrepreneurs, and thousands of potential new merchants sign up to Shopify every single day, every single one of them unique.
Whether they are are veteran business owners or first time entrepreneurs, each merchant starts with their own perspective and challenges that can span across every part of Shopify. You will need to experiment, innovate and measure carefully to help merchants thrive during this vulnerable time. Your leadership, team-building and collaboration skills will be integral to help onboard merchants across different devices, regions and products. Success for the Launch team means significant impact on the growth of Shopify as well as on the future of commerce.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in Shopify's Product Management team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Defining, guiding and executing a product strategy for how Shopify best supports, engages and retains new merchants of all experience levels
- Working with marketing to define and target the most valuable new merchant segments with clear onboarding challenges
- Collaborating with UX and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to build iterative, high quality products
- Defining clear success metrics, and supporting your teams to achieve them
- Communicating and collaborating with leaders from multiple disciplines and across multiple product lines
You’ll need to have:
- Deep experience supporting the end-to-end creation and development of successful tech or commerce products at scale
- Leadership skills building and nurturing large cross-functional teams
- Established experience successfully collaborating with a diverse set of peers across disciplines
- Experience using data to successfully inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes
- Empathy for the merchant and a genuine excitement for solving merchant problems
- Capability to make good decisions quickly that helps your teams do the same
- Excellent communication skills
It would be excellent if you had:
- Shown success growing a SaaS, tech, or commerce startup
- Past experience working in or collaborating deeply with UX or design
- Experience with any of the following fields: commerce, payments, retail, product growth