Senior Data Scientist (NLP)
R&D – Data Science & Engineering
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market and sell their products and services. With over 800,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
As a Data Scientist partnering with our Support service line, you’ll be building products which directly impact our merchants. Using the latest Natural language processing (NLP) methods, you will help build the search infrastructure and artificial intelligence that helps provide for our merchants needs. Specifically, you will be helping us build and optimize Shopify's Help Centre search and recommendation capabilities 🚀
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience using Python or similar languages
- Familiarity with search tools like Elasticsearch or Solr
- Deep interest in solving business problems with the right data science tools
- High empathy for your users
- Building data pipelines
- A/B testing
It'd be great if you also have experience in:
- Human-computer interaction
- Information architecture or library science
- Computational Linguistics
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply for this job” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Sam Padilla Torres.