Remote - Canada
We are on a mission to implement Salesforce.com across the company while we continue to support our existing production instance and user base. To do this, we need the help of experienced developers who will be strong individual contributors but also collaborative team members in an effort to build and integrate new CRM capabilities; in a fast paced environment.
We value getting shit done, simplicity, building for the long term, and acting like an owner. You should be a developer who values both the quality of your code and the contentment of your team - those who collaborate on, inherit, leverage and extend your work. Your experience supporting a major roll-out through a full lifecycle of build, test, release, enhance, & maintain at scale is the key to our mutual success.
As a Salesforce Developer, you're an expert in object-oriented design patterns for CRM development, with a working understanding of Agile methodology and the software development lifecycle. This roles will focus on Salesforce.com implementation, bug fixes, maintenance and program support for our Sales and Marketing product line.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop solutions on the Salesforce.com platform, using Apex programming language
- Build out Salesforce platform to ensure productivity and enhance customer experience
- Identify complex problems and create solutions to resolve them
- Develop Visualforce Pages and Lightning Components
- Develop integrations with 3rd party applications and other tools
- Support business objectives by leveraging Salesforce to meet requirements across all functions
- Provide day-to-day platform support
- On-call schedule (PagerDuty)
- Write technical approach and design documentation supporting business needs
- Ensure that all necessary changes are documented, reviewed, tested, and approved before being deployed
- Remain current on new Salesforce features and functionality
Requirements for the role:
- A creative problem solver. You can craft a solution using both custom development and purchased applications (solid knowledge and usage of AppExchange).
- A team oriented personality. You can easily build relationships and collaborate cross-functionally across the business.
- An analytical mindset. You can quickly understand and analyze various approaches and processes instantly. You have the ability to drill down to the details, obtaining the right level of specificity.
- A solid communication style. You are concise, on point and effective. You can communicate technical details clearly to any level of audience.
- Experience with development tools such as GIT, IDE, and metadata API
- A commitment to the Agile methodology. You have experience working in a SCRUM environment.
- You crave a fast-paced environment where change is constant
- Adaptability. You are able to navigate any situation you dive into
- Demonstrable progressive experience developing in the Salesforce platform: Apex classes, triggers and Visualforce
- Full knowledge of Salesforce, including Lightning
- Capable of asynchronous coding in Apex (batchable, schedulable, future) and custom as well as standard controllers in Visualforce
- SFDC certifications (DEV401, Platform Developer 1)
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience in roles featuring Object Oriented Programming
- Ruby and Python development experience
- Experience with Workday, Zendesk, Teleopti, Talkdesk, Dell Boomi
Tools of our trade:
Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. The posting will close on February 16th, 2018 at 12pm EST and all candidates will be contacted the week following. Please address your cover letter to Dustin.