Technical Product Manager - Data Presentation
Data Science & Engineering
Commerce is changing at an incredible rate. It happens seamlessly between the online and offline worlds. Consumers now expect to be able to buy anywhere, receive products quickly, and return them effortlessly. The buyer experience is personalized, authentic, and on-demand. It’s an incredibly exciting time for this industry, and Shopify is right at the centre of it. As our newest technical product manager you’ll be a crucial part of that change. Shopify is on a mission to make commerce better for everyone
As a Technical Product Manager, you will help define the strategy, drive requirements, and deliver products that power data driven decision making across all of Shopify. You will work closely with world-class Engineering teams, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Designers. In this opportunity, you will change the course of data at Shopify and create a world where data driven decisions are both timely and in the forefront.
Having excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent technical and analytical understanding, product management expertise, good judgment, and deep background in deploying data systems will allow you to thrive in this role.
What You’ll Do
- Drive product management activities: roadmap and strategy planning, roll-out, product workshops with data consumers and champion the product adoption across Shopify
- Create and iterate upon the product roadmap and technical product requirements
- Distill very technical concepts to business users and vice versa
- Prioritize and plan features based on company and stakeholder priorities and business values.
- Attain internal product-market fit and widespread product adoption among data consumers at Shopify
- Work closely with other teams at Shopify to ensure efficient and productive working relationships
What Experience You Should Have
- Experience working as a Product Manager or a Technical Leadership role in Analytics or Data Engineering
- Prior software development experience is key, in order to facilitate technical discussion for their product and provide feedback and inputs in the technical and architectural design. Ability to review the tech specs and architectural design docs.
- Manage the expectation of internal and external customer by effectively prioritizing resources, work and negotiating product/project needs.
- Understand and provide inputs for the trade-offs in launching a product or feature. Collaborate to resolve deadlocks and present feasible solutions. Drive agreement on a solution and its adoption.
- Evangelize the product and understand how to drive its adoption and use across the organization
- Experience in setting data-driven goals, with objective success metrics for your projects that your teams can rally behind
- Familiarity with new and upcoming data technologies - including HDFS, Hive, Kafka, Spark, Presto, Docker, Kubernetes, data warehousing solutions, and in-memory databases
If this sounds like you please apply!