Senior Product Manager, Payments - Financial Solutions
Shopify has redefined commerce. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 600,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to impact the market.
Our goal is to make it simple for Shopify merchants to accept funds from buyers across any country, channel, or industry. As the Product Manager on the Payments team, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing the strategy for our Payments Portfolio, including our flagship Shopify Payments solution, integrations with leading industry partners, and our long-tail payments partner ecosystem.
Merchants on Shopify are a diverse bunch with their own unique perspectives and challenges. We have merchants ranging from seasoned business veterans to first time entrepreneurs, all who have unique needs when it comes to optimizing their payments experience. Your vision, understanding of the industry, and ability to collaborate with stakeholders will be essential in identifying opportunities to build great products that maximize impact across our diverse base.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in the Product Management team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
You'll be doing things like:
- Defining, guiding and executing our payments portfolio product strategy.
- Collaborating with UX, data, and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to build iterative, high quality products.
- Working with Marketing to launch new payment methods and drive adoption.
- Defining clear success metrics, and supporting your teams to achieve them.
- Building partnerships with leading industry players to deliver differentiated payment solutions for Shopify merchants.
- Communicating and collaborating with leaders from multiple disciplines and across multiple product lines.
You'll need to have:
- Experience supporting the end-to-end implementation of payment systems at scale.
- Leadership skills building and nurturing cross-functional software development teams.
- Established experience collaborating with a diverse set of peers across disciplines.
- Experience using data to inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes.
- Empathy for our merchants, from veteran businesses to first-time entrepreneurs, and a genuine excitement for solving their problems.
- Capability to make good decisions quickly that helps your teams do the same
- Excellent communication skills.
It would be great if you had:
- Track record of launching products in multiple countries.
- Managed partnerships in a business development capacity, even better if you’ve successfully launched products built through partnerships.
- Run an e-commerce startup.
- Worked on integrating payment solutions for merchants of varying sizes, from entrepreneurs to enterprises.
- Past experience working in or collaborating deeply with UX or designExperience with any of the following fields: commerce, banking, retail POS, finance.
Here's how to apply:
If you're interested in this position please click "Apply now" and we'll be in touch with you.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.