Software Engineer - Fraud Detection
Data Science & Engineering
If you have a strong software engineering background and are interested in learning more about preventing and fighting fraud at scale, then this is the right role for you! Understanding a merchant’s future potential is critical to Shopify’s unfolding vision. Traditional commerce systems focus on risk, but Shopify cares about the full spectrum of value. The Risk team at Shopify is responsible for building the scalable systems that detect and prevent fraud for our merchants and their customers. They build automated systems that scale machine learning to analyze customer behaviour, incoming orders and financial transactions.
We’re looking for a motivated Software Engineer to continue building and scaling this system. The Risk team makes the product as resilient as possible, making it easy for merchants to make commerce better. We need to provide each merchant with the right services and the right level of support in order to help each of them be successful.
In this role, you will design and implement backend and infrastructure systems that use the full range of data available to Shopify to assess risk for our merchants.
What you’ll need to have to tackle this role:
- Strong programming skills with ideally an experience with Ruby on Rails OR the desire to learn it quickly
- Ability and curiosity to learn new languages, software, frameworks and APIs
- A strong commitment to quality
- Willingness to be challenged and have a real impact on the projects you are working on
- High motivation in improving your skills as well as of the members of your team
It’d be pretty cool if you had:
- Experience with developing high scale, high availability systems
- Experience working in Risk/Fraud protection
- Experience with Python. We usually don't code in Python but being able to read it would be an asset
How to Apply📄 ➡️ 📬 If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of payments and commerce, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Rodrigo.