Senior Android Developer - Core Mobile
Shopify is on a mission to enable entrepreneurship and commerce everywhere in the world. With the growth of mobile commerce, Shopify has been busy pushing boundaries as we craft the best overall mobile experience for our merchants and their customers. We are looking for developers excited to grow and scale our mobile offerings. To do this, we need the help of dedicated, methodical and versatile developers - Does this sound like it could be you?
Our Core team enables merchants to carry out day to day tasks like adding new products, managing inventory, fulfilling orders and more using the Shopify web admin as the central place to run their business. We also provide insights on their products and customers to let them maximize the impact of their store and free up time to focus on the things they really love doing.
You will join the Mobile team within Core, and collaborate with other developers, designers and product managers to build and launch new features. You will also work on the architectural changes of the app, like moving to MVVM.
You’ll gain a ton of perspective as you connect with different teams that work on related parts of Shopify. You’ll work on a large scale app that is ever changing, enabling entrepreneurship for 600,000+ merchants. You’ll be able to take the time to rebuild the areas that need love while some of your code stands the test of time. You’ll grow and learn a ton from your team, and will very likely be involved in other projects as well.
The tools you will use include: Kotlin, Java, Android Studio, Git, GraphQL, MVVM architecture and more. We don’t expect you to know all of those when you apply, but get ready to learn quickly!
Skills and experience we’d like you to have:
- Coding experience
- Familiarity with the Android mobile platform
- Passion for mobile software development
- Familiarity with Kotlin or Java, or the desire to learn it quickly
- Knowledge of the Android architecture, trends, and emerging technologies
- Curiosity and resourcefulness
It’d be amazing if you have experience with:
- Collaborative coding using code source sharing tools
- Actively participating in architectural choices and decisions
To set yourself apart, you could tell us about:
- Experience in app development
- Involvement in open source projects or communities
- Adventures in entrepreneurship and/or commerce
- A project or a role you’ve made a big impact in
- Your passion for, and experience with teaching or mentoring
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Perrine is an actual real live person (👋) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team !
We value diverse experiences and personal projects, if you have software development experience and mobile development experience outside of the workplace, consider applying too!
Click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.