Senior Lead, Customer Onboarding - Shopify Plus
Ontario, Canada - Remote
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best commerce platform for merchants around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are as complex as the stakes are high. Ecobee, FashionNova, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, MVMT and Leesa are merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
We are looking for that special someone to lead and grow our Launch Team. This team is responsible not only for crafting an exceptional experience for merchants as they launch their business on Shopify Plus, but to get them established with our platform and ecosystem in a way that optimizes for long term success of their business.
With your strong technical foundations, advanced business acumen, and an ability to build relationships across Shopify, you’ll be able to translate business goals into strategic priorities that will form the north stars for the launch organization.
- Lead a dynamic and growing global launch team (20+ people), creating an environment that provokes good thought leadership and innovation.
- Design, build and implement a world-class onboarding and launch experience for our merchants.
- Define the right customer experience for each of our core merchant segments and then build the right structure, and team to deliver and identify and implement the right strategies to improve time to value.
- Own the full practice of launch, ensuring attention to experience quality and timeliness. This is the first step in our merchant’s journey as a paying customer, so these early weeks a critical to the overall merchant experience.
- Manage merchant escalations, helping remove internal barriers and managing merchant expectations.
- Collaborate with other service and product areas to create a seamless experience for our merchants as they move from sales to set-up and delivery.
- Work in a manner that respects and utilizes the entire ecosystem that surrounds launch. This includes pre-sale resources, key partners, and other teams in Shopify.
- Work with Partner team to build right support materials and system for Partners.
- Provide exceptional leadership in the delivery of a structured launch program that enables merchants to get up and running as quickly as possible and effectively utilizes technology where possible.
- Design and evolve the organization to reflect the changing launch methodology including creation of , competency frameworks, hiring plans and leveling team members up along the way.
- Proven leadership experience and a passion for building and scaling effective teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead other leaders, with at least 5 years of experience managing teams.
- Strategic and proactive mindset with the ability to create a long term vision, but plan in months and ship in days with experience digging into the details when required.
- Strong ability to foster cross-functional relationships across the business (solutions engineering, sales teams and R&D) and manage projects across organizational structures.
- Technically adept and agile.
- Ability to learn the Shopify Plus platform with enough technical depth to understand strategic capabilities that provide leverage for our merchants, and to interact with product teams in Shopify.
- Experienced in utilizing metrics and deeper data explorations to inform strategy
- Results driven, consistently operating with a strong bias for action on the right priorities.
- Internalize and live Shopify’s values: Be impactful, be merchant obsessed, make great decisions quickly, thrive on change, be a constant learner and build for the long term.
- Prior experience leading customer onboarding teams
- Technical Consulting or Experience Design background
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!