Senior Data Scientist- Retail Algorithms
Data Science & Engineering
At Shopify, we empower 500,000+ entrepreneurs all over the world. We're looking for hard-working, passionate people to help us make commerce better. For over 10 years we have been super driven when it comes to using data insights to help drive our product direction and make things better for our merchants.
The retail world is continually evolving and what it looked like 5 years ago is drastically different than what it looks like today. A key element in helping our merchants to evolve with the retail industry, is the unprecedented amount data and the advances in technology that help us understand how buyers discover and experience shopping in person. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Retail Algorithms team and help shape the insights and algorithms that will enable merchants to adapt to the ever changing retail landscape.
You'll Need to Have:
- Understanding of dimensional modelling concepts and database design or experience with feature engineering
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs or experiment design and analysis
- Extensive experience using Python (including scikit-learn) or similar languages
- Extensive experience analyzing data using SQL
It'd be great if you had:
- Strong background in machine learning including experience implementing models at scale
- Knowledge of the retail or fulfillment industries
- Previous experience using Spark
- Exposure to Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, or similar data visualization tools
If you’re interested in helping Shopify shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Rebecca.