Senior Product Designer - Developer Tools
Production Engineering at Shopify encompasses the disciplines of site reliability engineering, infrastructure engineering, and developer productivity. Our department builds a platform that allows Shopify to scale massively, while also delivering resilient systems, amazing performance, and impactful tools for our entire engineering team.
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to join our team and shape the future of Shopify’s developer tools and infrastructure. As our team grows to thousands of developers, we need to build tools that are easy to understand and use, seamlessly integrated, and that solve the right problems for our engineering teams.
Relevant experience for the role:
- A passion for unpacking and solving complex information problems
- The ability to identify the best UX methods and tools to use depending on project constraints
- Experience with or burning curiosity about developer tools and cloud software infrastructure
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, usability testing, and low fidelity to high fidelity visuals
- The ability to clearly present your point of view, express ideas, and accept feedback
- Proficiency with current design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, etc.
Things you'll be working on:
- Helping to define our product roadmap by understanding and advocating for the needs of our engineering team
- Creating beautiful products by identifying the right problems to solve, running research, prototyping solutions, and shipping features
- Iterating on concepts based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, and other data collected
- Working closely with an engineering team at the cutting edge of global scale internet applications
- Helping to build out the design discipline in the production engineering team, connecting the team to the rich design community within Shopify
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Tuesday Laporte is looking forward to reading your application. Tell us why you’d be an awesome addition to our team!
This job posting will close Monday September 24th, 2018.