Shopify is looking for a data engineer to join our data team. You will build data pipelines, ML pipelines and data warehouse models to help our analysts leverage the data to develop insights, and to enable us to make business decisions. Shopify data cuts on both supply and demand side of ecommerce, so you will get to work on a variety of large volume supplier and merchant data. This includes supplier and merchant sales, products, engagement and storefront visits/conversion. Your efforts will also support our operations and marketing activities, as well as engagement with our merchant success team. You will tackle challenging problems, including extracting data from both internal and external sources, transforming data using Spark and Python, modeling and aggregating data at different grains, and building ML pipelines (including feature engineering, model training, and evaluation). You will also work with the larger data team, leveraging our Hadoop/Spark cluster, continuous integration/deployment, job scheduling, monitoring, and reporting tools.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience with data modeling, data transformation and SQL
- Experience with data stores such as Redshift or Presto
- Experience with relational data stores
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Python
- Great team collaboration skills
It’d be pretty awesome if you have:
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Good understanding of distributed systems and cluster environments
- Experience with data analysis
- Working knowledge of machine learning
- Some experience with data visualization
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Davide.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.