Internal Security Engineer - Cyber Threat Detection
R&D - Development – Security
Shopify’s Internal Security Team is looking for an experienced security professional who believes our employees deserve to be as secure as our merchants. With a largely distributed workforce spanning the globe, we need to be able to retain our default to open culture while maintaining a robust security posture. That’s where you fit in: we need a keen, passionate engineer who wants to help us secure our internal networks, applications, and most importantly, our employees. While leveraging technologies from Apple, Amazon, Google, and the likes, you will be called upon to implement pattern detection algorithms, build up automation in response to security events, and create mitigation plans.
You'll need to have:
- Knowledge of security issues affecting web applications and infrastructures
- Clear communication and thinking about cyber threat detection
- A methodical and disciplined mindset
- An ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning to meet new challenges
- Experience with machine learning algorithms*
* Experience with this includes: Coursera courses, university studies, side projects.
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Contributing to open source security projects
- Log aggregation technologies and tools (Splunk, ELK stacks, etc)
- SIEM systems
You'll be working on things like:
- Enhancing log aggregation coverage over our internal systems
- Developing and deploying automated threat detection systems
- Diving deep into the systems we currently use to evaluate and determine how future security systems will fit in
- Developing tools to help gain more visibility into our networks and scale intrusion detection capabilities
- Providing security advice to any product team
- Maintaining and improving trust for teams, merchants, and customers
How to Apply 📄 ➡️ 📬
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Also, we 💚 automation here, but not at this stage: the actual real live human reading your application is named Krystle 👋 👩💻.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.