Senior UX Manager, Logistics
Ottawa, Elgin - HQ
R&D – UX - Leadership
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 800,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Shopify's UX team is hands on and obsessed with enabling commerce at a global scale. With over 450 designers, content strategists, researchers, and developers working across the company, this team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
Our Logistics product line is responsible for all the "back office" operations that merchants deal with on a daily basis, like managing inventory and fulfilling orders. This is the heart of what our merchants do every single day, so making them more efficient and effective makes a big difference in how they run their businesses.
As a Senior UX Manager on our Logistics team, you are responsible for the user experience quality for multiple UX teams for our Logistics product lines. You are the UX craft owner, and lead a multidisciplinary UX team of product designers, content strategists, user researchers through a solid group of UX Managers, to deliver the best possible experience for our merchants around the world.
What you’ll be working on:
- Leading UX for the Logistics product line, working as a strategic partner with leadership in Engineering and Product Management to define the overall strategy and direction for the group.
- Developing baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (Research, Design, Content Strategy, and UX Development) and deep expertise in your team’s problem area.
- Building new products around international requirements, to serve merchants in new ways on the Shopify platform. We know that language, payments, & shipping products can function fundamentally different around the world - we need you to help us consider the breadth and depth of these challenges and provide simple, scalable experiences.
- Providing technical and strategic UX direction on your project, establishing clear definitions of quality to enable your team to ship exceptional user experiences on your projects.
- Developing and shipping with speed and consistency. We have immediate needs to deliver on our product roadmap today, while setting the vision for tomorrow.
- Leading your UX teams through a fast-moving landscape while also providing growth opportunities.
Requirements for the role:
- You’ve designed and shipped product experiences for international audiences.
- You’ve led a team in a multidisciplinary UX environment. Ours includes research, design, front end development, and content strategy.
- You love solving complex product problems with simple design solutions.
- You like to collaborate with product management and engineering to balance the right decisions for the product with the right decisions for the users.
- You provide teams with long term vision and strategy but don’t mind doing the work yourself when the situation arises.
- Bureaucracy is your nemesis.
- You have played a direct role in UX community building and thought leadership both inside your organization and beyond.
Some of the Shopifolk you’ll be working with:
- Farai Madzima, UX Manager
- Biz Sanford, Staff Content Strategist
- Dylan Blanchard, UX Research Manager
- More can be found at https://ux.shopify.com/
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Holly is looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best. This posting will close on Monday, May 27 at 9am EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.