Director of Product - Shopify Plus
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are as complex as the stakes are high. Ecobee, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, Budweiser, and Leesa are all merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
Shopify Plus is looking for a Product Director to join our team at Shopify Plus in Waterloo. As our merchants scale and grow, so does the complexity of their business operations. Your team’s mission is to support this complexity with professional level solutions that remove unnecessary complexity wherever it exists. Success in this mission means that our merchants can continue to grow their thriving businesses.
This role is for someone passionate about our mission, as well as creating and driving world class product teams. If you’re the right person for this role, you’ll have a hand in (and be energized by!) defining a strategy in this complex and ambiguous space, and will deliver products that have a tangible impact on the future of commerce.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in Shopify's Product Management team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Defining, guiding and executing the Shopify Plus product strategy to deliver professional level tools that empower our customers success
- Working closely with UX and engineering teams on a day to day basis to drive results
- Growing and nurturing a team of other talented Product Managers
- Defining clear success metrics, and supporting your teams to achieve them
- Communicating and collaborating with leaders from multiple disciplines and across multiple product lines within Shopify
You’ll need to have:
- Deep experience owning and supporting the entire product life-cycle of successful tech or commerce products
- The ability to translate complex UX, development, and engineering concepts into clear merchant and business value
- Experience leading, coaching, and growing other product managers
- Leadership skills in building and supporting large cross-functional teams
- Established experience successfully collaborating, communicating, and facilitating with a diverse set of peers across disciplines
- Experience using data to successfully inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes
- Empathy for merchants and a genuine excitement for solving merchant problems
- Ability to make good decisions quickly to help your teams do the same
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus Points for:
- Past experience founding or running your own company
- Building solutions to customer problems that operate at enormous scale
- Experience with any of the following fields: commerce, payments, retail
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us your resume and some of the things that you are most proud of. Whatever represents what you do best. Applications will be accepted until January 25th 2019.