Full-time Packing Expert
Los Angeles, CA
Shyp is using a combination of technology, logistics, and outstanding customer service to make it easy for people and businesses to send things to each other. Our award-winning app delivers a thoughtful consumer experience, while our fleet of couriers and warehouse technicians form the backbone for our high-paced package processing pipeline. The end result is an experience that the New York Times has called “magical.”
We’re taking Shyp to the next level as we expand our geographic footprint and suite of product offerings.
Packing Experts are the artisans of Shyp. When our customers’ items arrive at our warehouse, Shyp Packing Experts transform them into securely and beautifully packaged shipments. They then process these carefully created packages with our carrier partners (UPS, FedEx, USPS) for their journeys across the US and world.
NOTE: because Packing Experts handle our customers’ personal items, they must pass a background check as part of the application process.
What is Shyp?
Shyp is an on-demand shipping service that allows people to send items to people they care about by simply taking a picture with the Shyp mobile app.
Once they send the photo, a pick-up request is sent and within minutes a Shyp Hero arrives to collect the item and bring it to our warehouse. At the warehouse, a Shyp Packing Expert securely packages the item for its journey.
This is not a typical warehouse role. As a Shyp Packing Expert, you'll be instrumental in setting the foundation for the company's national and global expansion. To see more about our fast-growing start up, check out www.shyp.com
What does it mean to be a Shyp Packing Expert?
- Efficiently and securely pack items (anything from t-shirts to fine art) for shipment
- Construct custom boxes and packaging solutions using state-of-the-art technology
- Ensure items have proper postage and all necessary documentation
- Help save businesses from the pain of shipping and be part of transforming a 220-year old industry
What we're looking for
- Comfort using the latest iOS devices
- Previous packaging and shipping experience (or be fast learner with great attention to detail)
- Ability to work later into evening (up to 11pm on occasion)
- Customer service experience
- Unbelievable attention to detail/highly organized
- A love for problem solving
- Desire to continuously change, test, and improve
- Excellent communication skills (speaking & writing)
- Ability to efficiently wrap/pack sensitive and valuable items
- Above average speed, strength, and coordination
- Willingness to travel and work a flexible schedule
- Energy and motivation for helping a new business grow
We're love to see
- General warehouse and administrative experience