Los Angeles, CA
Shyp makes shipping easy.
Shyp offers a suite of shipping solutions that integrate seamlessly into our customers’ fulfillment workflow. We compare carriers, get the best rates, allow customers to print labels and offer pickup and packaging in select markets.
Our award-winning app delivers a thoughtful customer experience, while our fleet of couriers and warehouse technicians form the backbone for Shyp’s package processing pipeline. Shyp has evolved its business to focus not only on the individual consumer but also small businesses and retailers. Shyp’s flagship “pickup-pack-ship” service is currently live in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
The company has raised over $62 million in venture funding from venerated investors including Kleiner Perkins, Sherpa Capital and Homebrew and also has an extensive group of experienced Board Directors and Advisors.
Shyp has been profiled in the most prestigious publications in the world, being called “Magical” by the New York Times and was also named one of The Most Innovative Companies of 2016 by Fast Company.
Shyp is looking for an experienced and motivational people leader. The Operations Manager will work closely with the City Manager to guide their team, setting and working towards team and individual employee goals to deliver an amazing experience on every pickup and shipment.
- Work closely with the City Manager on metric-driven goals
- Collaborate on creation and own implementation of the logistical systems supporting field operations and warehouse in your city
- Oversee performance management and regular feedback of couriers, support drivers, packing techs, warehouse leads, and field leads
- Manage onboarding and regular training for couriers, packing techs, and support drivers of your city
- Work closely with Leads to ensure daily operational excellence and individual career development
- Oversee and maintain company-owned vehicle fleet and field operations equipment to ensure operational uptime and presentation of Shyp brand.
- Oversee and maintain warehouse equipment and tools to ensure operational uptime and a high quality packaging operation
What we're looking for
- Process-oriented: You love the idea of interworking systems and structured processes.
- People-focused: You prioritize people above all else and understand that your customers include both Shyp users and Shyp employees.
- Product passion: You are excited about Shyp and can see endless potential for impacting the lives of our users in a meaningful way.
What we'd love to see
- Experience managing remote teams
- Above average technical troubleshooting skills
- You know the Los Angeles area better than most
- Familiarity with start-up culture
- 1-3 years leading greater than 15 employees in a service-related industry
- Bachelor's degree
- The best medical, dental and vision coverage available – Shyp pays 95%
- 401K Vanguard Plan ‐ Eligible to participate in our plan effective your start date
- Lunch provided onsite throughout the week, plus snacks and drinks available 24/7
- 75% of a Gym membership or wellness regimen you prefer – up to $100 a month
- Awesome team building activities and events ‐ let's hang out!
- Company provided laptop and desk setup you want ‐ let's get to work!
- We offer a competitive benefits package ‐ Life, STD, LTD, Parental Leave and more
Shyp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our team's culture. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's do our best work together.