Director, Demand Generation
San Francisco, CA
Sales & Marketing
Shyp is reimagining what it means for businesses and individuals to ship things around the world. No more standing in line, no more wrestling with cardboard — we come to your door to pick up, package, and ship your stuff at the lowest available price. With a combination of innovative technology, finely-tuned operations, and a passion for designing delightful experiences, we’re here to save you time and money on every shipment.
Join our team and discover why Shyp was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world.
Shyp is looking to hire a Demand Generation Manager responsible for executing demand generation activities to support B2B acquisition. As part of the Growth and Marketing team, you will work closely with team members to manage and optimize our lead generation funnel.
You will help build out and automate our process for inbound lead generation, nurturing, and scoring and work closely with our Content Strategist to test content syndication, email drip campaigns, and social strategies with the goal of creating scalable demand generation and a pipeline of qualified leads for our sales team.
- Your objective will be to generate leads for our SMB sales team and drive unassisted online activations for our lowest shipping frequency customers
- You will own and execute marketing campaigns across the most cost-effective channels for each objective, including but not limited to search engine marketing, online ads, email and events
- You will perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly analysis across all marketing channels, in collaboration with our business forecasting and sales operations team
- You will manage a budget that delivers ROI against customer acquisition cost constraints
- You’ll provide feedback into our product, user research, and businesses operations teams to turn customer segmentation and persona development insights into actionable strategies
What we're looking for
- 7+ years relevant experience; startup experience a plus
- 2+ years of experience a leading a growth-focused team
- Proven track record of growing online revenue through creative marketing campaigns, while increasing site conversion, LTV, customer retention and loyalty
- Comfortable running experiments and tests, specifically A/B and multivariate testing, and ability to determine the proper success metrics
- Experience driving growth for consumer and B2B brands and services
- Strong senior marketer who can start as an individual contributor while building a small team
What we'd love to see
- Entrepreneurial attitude -- willing (and enjoys) being an individual contributor yet is willing and eager to build a rockstar growth team as the business grows
What this job is not
- An analyst; we have a great business operations team and tools in place to support all your data needs
- A content creator; we have both designers and writers who will help support this role
- The best medical, dental and vision coverage available – Shyp pays 95%
- 401K Vanguard Plan - Eligible to participate in our plan effective your start date
- Lunch provided onsite throughout the week, plus snacks and drinks available 24/7
- 75% of a Gym membership or wellness regimen you prefer – up to $100 a month
- Awesome team building activities and events - let's hang out!
- Whatever computer and desk setup you want - let's get to work!
We offer a competitive benefits package - Life, STD, LTD, Parental Leave and more.
Shyp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our team's culture. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's do our best work together.