Senior iOS Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Shyp is reimagining what it means for businesses and individuals to ship things around the world. No more standing in line, no more wrestling with cardboard — we come to your door to pick up, package, and ship your stuff at the lowest available price. With a combination of innovative technology, finely-tuned operations, and a passion for designing delightful experiences, we’re here to save you time and money on every shipment.
Join the team and discover why Shyp was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world.
Craftsmanship is very important to us at Shyp. We value close attention to detail and code that can be easily improved upon and maintained by others. We also pride ourselves on a strong level of ownership throughout our products — Engineers in this role work closely with both designers and platform engineers and must understand their perspectives, as well as be able to bring new ideas to the table.
We are still a small team — the opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and fast-paced. We have seen runaway success through an absolutely incredible team that makes it look easy. The truth on the ground is that progress has come from relentless passion, exceptional skill, and unwavering thoughtfulness about the customer experience. If you're the best at what you do and our mission resonates with you, we'd love to have you join us.
- Deliver features and improvements across the entire app lifecycle
- Work directly with product managers, designers, developers, and QA to design, build, test, and release products
- Maintain and improve our existing iOS apps
- Explore new methodologies that can improve the efficiency of our apps
- Embrace automated testing as a key to engineering discipline
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies
- Join us as we dive into Swift later this year
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of experience with Cocoa, preferably Cocoa Touch
- Track record of developing native iOS apps with excellent UX
- Experience releasing and maintaining projects in the AppStore
- Strong skills integrating apps that utilize RESTful web services
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- Worked on collaborative software projects
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking ,and communication skills
- The best medical, dental and vision coverage available – Shyp pays 95%
- 401K Vanguard Plan - Eligible to participate in our plan effective your start date
- 75% of a Gym membership or wellness regimen you prefer – up to $100 a month
- Lunch at our San Francisco HQ
- Awesome team building activities and events - let's hang out
- Whatever computer and desk setup you want - let's get to work!
We offer a competitive benefits package - Life, STD, LTD, Parental Leave and more.
Shyp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our team's culture. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's do our best work together.