Director of People
San Francisco, CA
Shyp makes shipping easy.
Shyp offers a suite of shipping solutions that integrate seamlessly into our customers’ fulfillment workflow. We compare carriers, get the best rates, allow customers to print labels and offer pickup and packaging in select markets.
Our award-winning app delivers a thoughtful customer experience, while our fleet of couriers and warehouse technicians form the backbone for Shyp’s package processing pipeline. Shyp has evolved its business to focus not only on the individual consumer but also small businesses and retailers. Shyp’s flagship “pickup-pack-ship” service is currently live in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
The company has raised over $62 million in venture funding from venerated investors including Kleiner Perkins, Sherpa Capital and Homebrew and also has an extensive group of experienced Board Directors and Advisors.
Shyp has been profiled in the most prestigious publications in the world, being called “Magical” by the New York Times and was also named one of The Most Innovative Companies of 2016 by Fast Company.
The Director of People is responsible for attracting, retaining and developing a world-class team to build the best end-to-end shipping experience for our customers. This role will report into the SVP, Operations, Customer Experience and HR.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as strategic business partner for Shyp’s executive team
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Employee relations
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Organizational design and culture development
- Partnering with recruiters and functional managers to recruit talent for non-executive roles
- 7+ years of HR or related experience
- Ability to think strategically and make data driven decisions
- Outstanding ability to influence, inspire and motivate a team
- Positive energy and attitude
- Self-starter and ability to build programs from scratch: Must have a positive attitude and can't be afraid to roll-up their sleeves and get things done
- Experience in recruiting and talent development a plus
- The best medical, dental and vision coverage available – Shyp pays 95%
- Lunch provided onsite throughout the week, plus snacks and drinks available 24/7
- 75% of a Gym membership or wellness regimen you prefer – up to $100 a month
- Awesome team building activities and events - let's hang out
- Whatever computer and desk setup you want - let's get to work!
- We offer a competitive benefits package - Life, STD, LTD, Parental Leave and more.
Shyp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our team's culture. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's do our best work together.