Manager of Financial Planning and Reporting
San Francisco, CA
Business Operations & Strategy
Shyp is reimagining what it means for businesses and individuals to ship things around the world. No more standing in line, no more wrestling with cardboard — we come to your door to pick up, package, and ship your stuff at the lowest available price. With a combination of innovative technology, finely‐tuned operations and a passion for designing delightful experiences, we’re here to save you time and money on every shipment.Join the team and discover why Shyp was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world.
About BizOps at Shyp & The Role
Shyp’s BizOps and Strategy team spearheads company strategy, and data-driven operational and financial management across the business. We’re looking for someone passionate about driving business growth and leading strategic planning initiatives at a fast-paced changing technology company. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this individual will have an opportunity to learn about how one of the world’s most innovative companies (http://www.fastcompany.com/company/shyp) is run working directly with the leadership team.
The Manager of Financial Planning and Reporting will join the BizOps and Strategy team. The BizOps and Strategy team works cross-functionally throughout Shyp to help drive data-driven decisions that directly impacts the entire organization. The primary responsibility will be to build out a robust planning process to forecast and impact future results. This team member will work directly with Senior Leadership on planning as well as reviewing budgets to actuals.
- Develop an efficient planning process within Shyp to help drive fiscally responsible future growthTake lead on ongoing
- Planning responsibilities: top down/bottoms up views, plan to actual reporting, ongoing financial impact analysis on business strategy
- Work directly with Senior Leadership in order to understand budget planning and to facilitate strategic investments as Shyp grows
- Work alongside the Director of Finance to continue to implement process improvements to provide quicker turnaround time on monthly reporting used by the Executive Team
- Foster strong relationships with the City Managers and the Senior Vice President of Operations to ensure they are equipped with the proper tools to drive responsive decisions
Required Skills and Experience
- Work experience in a financial planning and reporting capacity working directly with decision makers (5+ years preferred)
- Experience in a high growth environment
- Strong proficiency with Excel and financial software
- Ability to view the Business as a whole to make cross-functional decisions while also being able to view challenges from a strong analytic point of view
- Desire to work alongside team members with a number of career backgrounds and experiences
- The best medical, dental and vision coverage available – Shyp pays 95%
- 401K Vanguard Plan ‐ Eligible to participate in our plan effective your start date
- Lunch provided onsite throughout the week, plus snacks and drinks available 24/7
- 75% of a Gym membership or wellness regimen you prefer – up to $100 a month
- Awesome team building activities and events ‐ let's hang out!
- Company provided laptop and desk setup you want ‐ let's get to work!
- We offer a competitive benefits package ‐ Life, STD, LTD, Parental Leave and more
Shyp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our team's culture. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's do our best work together.