San Francisco, CA
Shyp is reimagining what it means for businesses and individuals to ship things around the world. No more standing in line, no more wrestling with cardboard — we come to your door to pick up, package, and ship your stuff at the lowest available price. With a combination of innovative technology, finely-tuned operations, and a passion for designing delightful experiences, we’re here to save you time and money on every shipment.
Join the team and discover why Shyp was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world.
Craftsmanship is very important to us at Shyp. We value close attention to detail and code that can be easily improved upon and maintained by others. We also pride ourselves on a strong level of ownership throughout our products. Engineers in this role work closely with both designers and platform engineers and must understand their perspectives, as well as be able to bring new ideas to the table.
We're still a small team — the opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and fast-paced. We've seen runaway success through an absolutely incredible team that makes it look easy. The truth on the ground is that progress has come from relentless passion, exceptional skill, and unwavering thoughtfulness about the customer experience. If you're the best at what you do and our mission resonates with you, we'd love to have you join us.
- Build and iterate on static websites and interactive web applications
- Write reliable, modular, well-tested code
- Review teammates' code in a timely and thorough fashion
- Create tools, build processes, and deployment pipelines to keep team velocity high
- Optimize performance and browser compatibility
- Be able to communicate your implementation ideas clearly
- Be pragmatic, considerate, and open to new ideas
What we're looking for
- Experience building modular, self-contained components (via React, Polymer, etc)
- Experience writing unit and functional tests for front-end code
- Comfortable using browser APIs without additional libraries
- Opinions on tools and best practices
- Deep knowledge of modern HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience writing responsive styles using a CSS preprocessor (SASS, Less, Stylus, etc)
- Experience with front-end build tools and testing frameworks
What we'd love to see
- Experience with ES6 & React/Redux
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with node.js
- The best medical, dental and vision coverage available – Shyp pays 95%
- 401K Vanguard Plan - Eligible to participate in our plan effective your start date
- 75% of a Gym membership or wellness regimen you prefer – up to $100 a month
- Lunch at our San Francisco HQ
- Awesome team building activities and events - let's hang out
- Whatever computer and desk setup you want - let's get to work!
We offer a competitive benefits package - Life, STD, LTD, Parental Leave and more.
Shyp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our team's culture. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's do our best work together.