Business Intelligence Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Business Operations & Strategy
Shyp is reimagining what it means for businesses and individuals to ship things around the world. No more standing in line, no more wrestling with cardboard — we come to your door to pick up, package, and ship your stuff at the lowest available price. With a combination of innovative technology, finely-tuned operations, and a passion for designing delightful experiences, we’re here to save you time and money on every shipment. Join our team and discover why Shyp was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
Shyp’s BizOps and Strategy team spearheads data-driven operational and financial management across the business. We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst who is passionate about turning data into insights, and leveraging data to make improvements around the entire business.
You'll be a self-starter that is organized, detail-oriented, and can rapidly execute and iterate. An ideal candidate should have business acumen and strong technical skills to ensure that data is accurate and drives key business insights. You will have experience working with all different stages of data analysis: building reporting pipelines, data querying, building dashboards, and presenting insights.
Starting with Marketing Analytics, you will be rotated to support different business functions as our analytics needs scale. You will work closely with cross-functional team leaders in Marketing, Sales, Product, Operations, and Data Engineering to build and scale our business intelligence. This is a great opportunity for you to gain knowledge and develop analytics expertise, and collaborate cross-functionally with key business partners.
- Own the reporting and analytics of our Marketing activities across channels.
- Work with engineering and software vendors to build marketing attribution along the growth funnel: from lead-gen, to install, registration, and transaction.
- Build and maintain automated reporting and dashboards to track metrics on general business progress.
- Work with our remote team to design data models for analytics use.
- Maintain the SQL codebase as a collaborative development environment for all analysts.
- Support the data and analytics needs on ad-hoc basis from multi-functional team leaders.
- Work towards improving the data accuracy and creating a data-informed culture at Shyp.
- 2+ years work experience in data analysis or related fields.
- Hands-on experience with database languages (e.g SQL) and data visualization tools. Experience with Looker or other scripting languages is a plus.
- Degree in technical or quantitative field - Engineering, Operational Research, Statistics or Economics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excels when working cross-functionally in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify and research problems.
- The best medical, dental and vision coverage available – Shyp pays 95%
- Lunch at HQ whenever you’re working
- 75% of a Gym membership or wellness regimen you prefer – up to $100 a month
- Awesome team building activities and events - let's hang out
- Whatever computer and desk setup you want - let's get to work!