San Francisco, CA
Shyp is reimagining what it means for businesses and individuals to ship things around the world. No more standing in line, no more wrestling with cardboard — we come to your door to pick up, package, and ship your stuff at the lowest available price. With a combination of innovative technology, finely-tuned operations, and a passion for designing delightful experiences, we’re here to save you time and money on every shipment.
Join the team and discover why Shyp was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world.
We’re building a company where design thinking is deeply ingrained in the culture of how we solve problems. Design is not simply a trivial layer that is inserted into the product, but rather, it helps define how we solve problems and what we build at Shyp.
Read some of our posts to get a sense of how we think about design.
As a Product Designer at Shyp you will be responsible for designing the interface of our products across mobile, web, and tablets. You will help us build and maintain a visual language for all product channels. You must be comfortable working across many media, and you’re constantly learning new skills. You should have a strong point of view on design and typography. You should be comfortable giving your opinions and seeing your vision from concept to launch without a lot of hand-holding.
Our team is still super small, and your role will fundamentally affect the success of Shyp. In addition to building the product, you’ll take an active part in refining how our Design team works and how to grow it into a world-class group of designers.
We’d love to have you join us on this journey.
- Take projects from the earliest kernel of an idea all the way through implementation
- Drive the ideation process and present broad directions to the team
- Prototype user flows, interactions and animations
- Participate in user tests and synthesize data — test and validate your design choices
- Create visually beautiful interfaces
- Design and document visual systems
- Work closely with engineers and PMs to breathe life into what you design
- Push the visual style of Shyp forward and help maintain its consistency by contributing to styleguides
- Give, solicit, and distill design feedback and critique
- Ultimately responsible for upholding the product
- As a member of the design team, develop and drive the visual design experience here at Shyp
- Help others to understand your creative process and clearly and effectively communicate the logic behind your ideas
- Initiate and ship work that has a big impact
What We're Looking For
- A strong, diverse portfolio of product design work
- Minimum 2 years design experience
- Experience designing for web and mobile (iOS and Android)
- Understand the technical limitations and implications of your decisions and have enough chops to communicate your designs to engineers
- Embrace and iterate on our design process
- Welcome design critique with open arms
- Ability to sketch or draw to communicate complex visual ideas quickly
- Ability to give constructive feedback to other designers
- Solid communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- You thrive in an iterative environment with short feedback loops
- Data and metrics driven
- Take extreme complexity and distill it down to a simple and elegant product
- A world-class craftsman—the need to build and create lies deep in your DNA
- A deep understanding of visual design, typography, and grid systems
- Can clearly articulate design decisions
- The best medical, dental and vision coverage available – Shyp pays 95%
- Lunch provided onsite throughout the week, plus snacks and drinks available 24/7
- 75% of a Gym membership or wellness regimen you prefer – up to $100 a month
- Awesome team building activities and events - let's hang out
- Whatever computer and desk setup you want - let's get to work!
We offer a competitive benefits package - Life, STD, LTD, Parental Leave and more.
Shyp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our team's culture. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's do our best work together.