Director of Product Management, Transaction Platform
Remote Nationwide /
R&D – Product /
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is the only real estate brokerage platform exclusively for the nation’s best agents. Based on its belief that homeownership is a fundamental human right, we provide top-performing real estate agents, teams, and independent brokerages with the best system, support, and service, in order to elevate the experience and results of buyers and sellers.
Side is led by experienced industry professionals and world-class engineers who develop technology designed to improve agent productivity and enhance the client experience. The company is backed by over $250M in funding from top tier venture capital firms, including Coatue Management, Tiger Global Management, D1 Capital Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Matrix Partners, and 8VC. Side currently partners with agents in California, Texas, and Florida, with plans to expand nationally in the coming months.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The product team at Side includes product management, design, and user research. Together, we strive to delight our customers (real estate professionals who we refer to as Partners) by enabling them to own their own businesses, increase their productivity, and accelerate their growth. In addition, we streamline and automate internal business processes to improve Side’s efficiency and profitability.
Our team is responsible for the end-to-end Side product experience from concept through launch and outcome measurement. We operate using agile methodology, leveraging customer and competitive insights to develop hypotheses and iterate on solutions. We believe that quality, urgency, collaboration, and transparency are critical to the product development process and strive to continually improve in these areas. The team is organized around three product areas: Transaction Platform, Partner Growth, and Internal Business Systems.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will lead the product management team responsible for our core Transaction Platform, which is a transaction management system used by real estate agents, transaction coordinators, compliance auditors, payment coordinators, and brokers to handle the full lifecycle of real estate transactions. This is one of the most critical areas of our offering and is used daily by our Partners, their associates, and our Brokerage operations team. You will report directly to the VP of Product and sit on the Product leadership team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Be responsible for the product vision and strategy for the Transaction Platform and translate them into a multi-year product roadmap
- Lead and develop a team of 3-5 passionate product managers (likely to grow over time)
- Guide your team (in partnership with user research and design) in gathering customer, competitive, and data-based insights to inform how we can develop solutions to address pain points and close real estate transactions more efficiently
- Collaborate cross-functionally to guide your team’s initiatives from concept through launch, including managing dependencies, measuring outcomes, and iterating
- Create and execute go-to-market plans with our sales, marketing, business management, and customer support teams
- Facilitate communication to all levels of the organization, adjusting to each audience as needed
- Improve our overall team and offerings through participation in the product management leadership team
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT FOR THE ROLE?
- Minimum 12 years of professional experience delivering scalable technology solutions
- Minimum 8 years of product management experience, preferably in B2B SaaS
- Experience in the real estate industry, the transaction management/productivity space, and/or working with small businesses
- Experience hiring, developing, and retaining product managers
- Proven skill in developing product vision, strategy, and product roadmaps
- Passion for customers and delivering offerings that delight them
- Strong drive for delivering measurable results
- Strong collaboration skills in team environments
- Player/coach mentality; willing to roll-up your sleeves and help where needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup environment with ability to move quickly despite ambiguity and roadblocks
- Positive, can do attitude; always looking to learn and grow
- B.A., B.S. or equivalent
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Best-in-class benefits, including 100% healthcare coverage (medical, vision and dental)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development credit
- Ability to work from home or pet-friendly environment if you choose to work in our SF office
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.