Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Remote Nationwide /
R&D – Growth Engineering /
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is the only real estate brokerage platform exclusively for the nation’s best agents. Based on its belief that homeownership is a fundamental human right, we provide top-performing real estate agents, teams, and independent brokerages with the best system, support, and service, in order to elevate the experience and results of buyers and sellers.
Side is led by experienced industry professionals and world-class engineers who develop technology designed to improve agent productivity and enhance the client experience. The company is backed by over $250M in funding from top tier venture capital firms, including Coatue Management, Tiger Global Management, D1 Capital Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Matrix Partners, and 8VC. Side currently partners with agents in California, Texas, and Florida, with plans to expand nationally in the coming months.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life!
About the team
The Engineering organization is ~40 engineers, on three teams: Transaction/Brokerage Management, Agent Marketing and Platform Engineering. We appreciate diversity of thought and backgrounds. Growth Engineering is responsible for building the features to empower agents to grow their business. What's also really cool is that we share office space with some of our real estate agents, giving us unparalleled access to feature ideas and feedback on product development.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- As a member of the Growth Engineering team, you will deliver medium to large projects and features to our Wordpress Theme and Plugins that power over 300 agent websites. You will also write a full suite of automated tests with every feature to ensure production stability.
- You will also be in charge of evaluating and articulating end-to-end designs for strengths and weaknesses (e.g., complexity, quality, scalability, security, performance, etc) as well as identifying tech debt and making recommendations on how to tackle it.
- You will work with and help mentor other engineers, help in designing solutions to problems, and connect with leadership about the needs of the team.
- You will uphold application performance, security, and standard methodologies within the team by providing constructive feedback during code reviews.
- You will collaborate with the Product, Design, and other engineering teams to define customer and internal facing features.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT FOR THE ROLE?
- We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience building frontend applications in production environments and the ability to write clean, detailed, and well-tested code.
- You have at least 2 years of experience designing and writing Wordpress themes and plugins. You should be very comfortable with Wordpress’s hooks, filters, data structures, gutenberg block structure and architecture.
- You should have a strong design eye and have worked with compliance and accessibility requirements. In addition, you have worked with tools like Babel and Webpack.
- You should also have experience with testing. At Side, we use PhpUnit and Jest for unit tests and Cypress for End to End tests. You should have experience writing substantial tests with testing frameworks.
- On top of being a great frontend engineer, you have experience mentoring junior engineers who need help and guidance.
- It would be a plus if you have experience with React, NodeJS, Firebase, and security standard methodologies but it is not required.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Best-in-class benefits, including 100% healthcare coverage (medical, vision and dental)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development credit
- Pet friendly environment
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.