Manager, Channel Sales
Atlanta, GA /
Sales – Channel Sales /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
Manage and proactively grow the existing channel base of partners within region for the purposes of driving pipeline growth for our Managed Connectivity Services (MCS) solution offering.
The Channel Manager wins, maintains, and expands relationships with assigned telco master agent and sub- agent channel partners. Assigned to channel partners based on strategic priority the Channel Manager is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned territory for our master agent and sub- agent partner accounts; for the purposes of driving sales and pipeline growth
- In this role, you’ll have a revenue quota based on sales targets for assigned region
- Candidates must possess the ability and confidence to engage customers, think quickly on their feet, and apply value propositions to specific customer scenarios and a variety of buyers
- Establish an ongoing outbound lead development cadence of prioritizing contacts, and contacting them through a coordinated outreach of email, phone, social media and in-person meetings
- Capture and enter all lead generation activity into Salesforce, and report on lead and stage development, forecasting and pipeline velocity as well as key market/segment intelligence Serve as a daily point of contact on-site to drive the day to day relationships and increase “Sierra Buy-in” by consistently articulating the Sierra Wireless value proposition
- Develop and maintain effective relationships of influence with key leadership contacts. (i.e. Regional Channel Managers and Directors, Solution Engineering, Deal/Quote desk etc.)
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts. Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Establishes a stack ranking of top agents using Salesforce.com tools
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel. Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- Three (3) or more years of proven successful Master Agent Channel experience in the US Telecom channel
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales quota and specific supporting programs to objectives.
- Proven experience with account planning and management using a recognized strategic sales approach and/or system.
- Demonstrated experience cooperatively working in a sales team to achieve results.
- Ability to create and manage partner related enablement programs.
Desired Education, Experience and Competencies
- Telco or Mobile Network Operator channel experience preferred
- Established relationships with top Master Agents and selling partners
- All candidates subject to background check
- Willingness and ability to travel 60% of the time