Channel Business Manager
Remote - USA /
Sales – Channel Sales /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
Responsible for the overall assigned partner relationships including driving the sales of Sierra Enterprise product portfolio to new and existing end user customers. The Channel Business Manager, CBM, is also responsible for evaluating, recruiting, developing, and enabling targeted new resellers to the Sierra channel community.
- Champion the product, business, and merit of our solutions with assigned partners at all levels for the purpose of gaining the maximum exposure, share and loyalty of the overall business.
- Develop and execute comprehensive channel account plan for each assigned partner and meet defined targets for sales and other key performance metrics.
- Work with Regional Sales Managers and Field Sales Engineers to drive and ensure sales collaboration.
- As appropriate, recruit and evaluate prospective resellers to drive high levels of sales growth and to cover the target markets, and provide inputs to management on Sierra’s overall channel and partner strategies.
- Provide accurate and timely and useable product and benefit information to partner sales personnel.
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasting, management reports, and account plan updates.
- Work with Marketing in the development, communication and coordination of joint marketing programs with partners.
- Support product and marketing research programs as requested.
Education and Skills Requirements
- BA/BS Business/Computer Sciences
- Five (5) or more years of proven successful channel sales experience
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales quota and specific supporting programs to objectives.
- Proven experience with account planning and management using a recognized strategic sales approach and/or system.
- Demonstrated experience cooperatively working in a sales team to achieve results.
- Ability to create and manage partner related enablement programs.
- Strong technical background in IP Networking, Public Wireless Data Technologies such as CDMA/EVDO, GPRS/ HSPA, LTE