Staff Engineer, RF
Richmond, BC /
R&D/Engineering – RF Engineering /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,100 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We have an opportunity for a Staff Engineer, RF to join our Module Integration product development team in our Richmond, BC headquarters. In this role, you will partner with the lead engineers to work on the 4G/5G cellular modems’ RF design and development activities.
- Participate in the design and development of the state-of-the-art 4G/5G cellular modems
- Devise and perform RF and system level testing as per the 3GPP standard, carriers’ specifications and regulatory requirements
- Debug hardware, firmware and calibration issues related to the RF performance
- Prepare detailed technical documents on various engineering subjects relevant to the projects
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Post-secondary degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on industry experience in the design and development of portable cellular modems
- Solid knowledge of Circuit Theory and Analysis, Electronic Circuits, Signals and Systems, Electromagnetics and Transmission Line Theory, Digital Communications Theory, Wireless Systems and Radio Frequency/Microwave Circuits
- Knowledge of the 3GPP specifications, radio system definition and circuit level architecture of cellular modems
- Hands-on experience with the RF/HW debugging, surface mount RF components and assembly
- Solid working knowledge of the RF parametric testing and calibration methods using VNA, VSA, cellular test equipment, etc.
- Good organizational skills and self-motivated
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
Desired Education, Experience & Skills
- B.Sc. / B.Eng. in Electrical Engineering with a major in Wireless communications
- Experience with scripting programming language using Perl or Python in Windows environment
- Experience with object-oriented software development using C/C++ or C# on Windows environment using MS Visual Studio
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes an onsite fitness center, onsite fitness classes led by professional instructors, free healthy snacks each month, and wellness activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social and cultural events throughout the year where we come together to have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Pride at Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.