Richmond, BC /
Finance & Accounting – Tax /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We have an opportunity for a Tax Analyst to join our Finance team in our Richmond, BC headquarters. As a member of the Finance team, you will assist with the tax provision and compliance including sales and use, property, and income taxes, tax audits, transfer pricing and procedures.
- Tax Accounting & Reporting:
- Assist with preparation of the quarterly and year-end and true up tax provisions for various subsidiaries’ audited and compilation financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Assist with preparation of taxable income forecasts, income tax proofs, and required reconciliation.
- Tax Compliance:
- Assist with the tax compliance activities including gathering information for the tax return process, and prepare reconciliation to accounting records
- Monitor and prepare tax instalments and extensions
- Assist with the tax credit claims
- Coordinate with tax service providers and local staff in foreign jurisdictions to monitor compliance status, cash tax payments and facilitate the filings of foreign tax returns
- Prepare and file commodity tax returns including personal property tax and other returns as necessary
- Support the development, implementation and calculation of all intercompany transfer pricing and related documentation requirements
- Tax Planning & Tax Audits:
- Perform research and prepare memos relating to changes in tax laws and tax accounting guidance.
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Professional accounting designation required
- 1-2 years of experience as a tax practitioner in public practice or industry
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong proficiency with computer software including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficient in JD Edwards system
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes an onsite fitness center, onsite fitness classes led by professional instructors, free healthy snacks each month, and wellness activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social and cultural events throughout the year where we come together to have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Pride at Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.