Senior Engineer, Software
R&D/Engineering – Software Development /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
This position is responsible for design, develop and support our driver and Linux SDK solution for M2M modules.
Key Accountabilities/Statement of Work
- Develop and deliver firmware components of 2G, 3G and LTE wireless modems, according to product schedules/priorities set by Project Manager
- Develop, test and debug new components of Linux SDK solution for GSM/GPRS, WCDMA, LTE or CDMA modules
- Work with OEM partners and team members to integrate Linux SDK and reference source code into OEM devices
- Work with engineering teams across worldwide engineering centers to achieve company targets
- Write firmware documentation according to Software Life Cycle (specification, architecture, test plan and test report)
- Analyze root cause and provide fix for firmware issues
- Use software development tools and follow software quality processes
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- Degree (or above) in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering, with relevant (2 years minimum) professional experience in industrial projects software development
- Embedded software programming in C/C++, ARM compilers, Python scripts, JTAG debugging, svn
- Knowledge in Software Life Cycle, software documentation and software quality processes (CMMI)
- With experience in QNX operating system; experience in data communication and knowledge of the TCP/IP suite of protocols
- Strong debug and root cause analysis skills
- Knowledge in embedded OS, wireless telecommunication (2G, 3G, LTE), modems and AT commands