Senior QA Engineer
Atlanta, GA /
R&D/Engineering – Application Engineering /
Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,100 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
QA Engineer responsible for testing of platform, web apps, device firmware, device integration and mobile apps
- Execute end-to-end integration tests involving Devices, Middleware, and Portal Validation
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well structured test plans and test cases regarding firmware and integration testing. Assist in maintaining current regression rest framework as well as developing new tests. Arrange the hardware and software requirements for a test setup.
- Test OEM devices, Evaluate firmware and provisioning processes. Create End-To-End plans for device testing. Document detailed test results and share with the team.
- Part of scrum team delivering high quality software accordance with sprint level and release level requirements, act as a strong representative of the Quality Engineering team. Actively participate in daily scrums, sprint meetings, backlog grooming and sprint demos.
- Thrive for quality and excellence. Work with the product and development teams and define validation process for platform, device firmware and integration tests. Manage multiple assignments and align them with the business priorities and deadlines.
- Bachelors Degree In Engineering
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience as a QA Engineer
- Experience with multi-layered, complex software architectures. Excellent communication and documentation skills. Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Solid knowledge in writing SQL queries.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process. Sound interpersonal and team working skills
- Thorough knowledge of the JIRA tool. Experience with functional and performance automation testing tools is a plus.
- Degree in engineering or a related subject.
- 5+ years of experience in IoT Platform.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in device testing preferably security Alarm systems, asset tracking devices etc.
- At least 4-5 years of experience in device testing.
- Experience testing software/firmware in a continuous development and Agile environment.
- Strong knowledge of any test case management tool, preferably Xstudio test management tool.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing Splunk logs
- Experience with terminal emulator software apps like Tera term, Putty, Ucon etc. and collecting logs from test devices.
- Experience with Automation frameworks